Powerful Learning, Powerful Leadership (Part 1)


  1. How have you modeled and explored new opportunities for learning during your practicum?  Provide examples. 
  2. Provide an example of ways in which you provide informational learning, exploration, and "play" with new technologies in your practicum. 
  3. How are you moving from standardization to personalization within your educational setting? 

Due to privacy concerns and the Non-Disclosure Agreement I've signed, I will not be providing photos or work samples. However, I can provide general examples. 

1. New opportunities for learning have presented themselves in the following ways: Joining an Education and Training Journal Club. I was invited to present to a group in library sciences, education, training and development departments. Each presenter is required to present a journal article with a publication date within the last three years from a peer-reviewed journal, then present and allow the group to reflect on questions presented within the critical appraisal tool. I recorded the key take-aways from the article for discussion and dissemination to the group. This is something I would have never ventured to do without developing the skills that I have in Educational Technology. 

2. As my role grows in my position and "practicum" I am invited to more and more important meetings, and it's very exciting. One of them was a meeting for a technology sales demo, for implementing a new platform for a very important part of health care operations. I'm learning to speak up and understand I have a voice and have experience that is valuable to the organization. I've even led a Brown Bag session on tech tools for informational learning, exploration, and "play" with new technologies like Zoom. 

3. Making more personalized and dynamic content for faculty and residents is a large part of the push we are doing at my organization since this "new dynamic" isn't so new anymore and is here to stay. Redesign has been the key word to most things for the last two years. In a highly regulated environment like health care, standardization is key. However, individualized learning is trending and medical students and faculty are beginning to expect that dynamic. We have to pivot quickly to meet their changing expectations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Dancing Guy Reflection